University of Maryland, College Park
Cunxi is an Assistant Professor in the ECE Department (A. James Clark
School of Engineering) at the
Maryland, College Park. His research interests focus on novel algorithms, systems, and hardware designs for computing and security. Before joining University of Maryland, Cunxi was Assistant Professor with University of Utah, and held PostDoc at Cornell University (with Prof. Zhiru Zhang) and EPFL in 2017-2018 (with Prof. Giovanni De Micheli). Cunxi was a research intern at IBM T.J Watson Research Center in 2015
and 2016. He received Ph.D. degree from UMass Amherst in 2017 under Prof. Maciej
Ciesielski. His work received the Best Paper Award at DAC (2023), Best Paper Nominations at ASP-DAC (2017),
TCAD (2018), and 1st place at DAC Hack@DAC (2017), NSF
CAREER Award (2021), and American Physical Society DLS poster award (2022).
I am actively recruiting self-motivated Ph.D. students in broad aspects of computing engineering. Send me an email with a brief research statement, CV, and transcript if you are interested.
PhD Application at ECE@UMD
I am very fortunate to work with a group of talented researchers and students!
- 11/2023 Yingji Li placed 2nd in ACM SIGDA student research competition (SRC)! News@UMD
- 09/2023 09/2023 Received $600K from NSF-FET for advancing physics-aware co-design of optical AI systems, in collaboration with Prof. Weilu Gao! Award
- 08/2023 Congrats to Yingjie accepted to EECS Rising Star 2023!!
- 08/2023 Our group has moved to University of Maryland, College Park.
- 06/2023 Three papers accepted at ICCAD'23!
- 06/2023 Gamora won Best Paper Award at DAC'23! Daniel won DAC'23 Best Young Fellow Presentation !
- 06/2023 Serving as Track TPC Chair for ICCD'23.
- 06/2023 Yu joined Nature Scientific Reports Editorial Board.
- 05/2023 Served as General Chair at the IWLS'2023 at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland (June 4--6, 2023). Event Photos!
- 05/2023 Our paper LightRidge has been accepted at ASPLOS'24 ! Check out our open-source hardware release.
- 04/2023 Our paper Rubik's Optical Neural Networks (RubikONNs) is accepted at IJCAI 2023! Congrats Yingjie!
- 02/2023 Two Tutorials and Four Papers are accepted at DAC 2023.
- 02/2023 Received donations from Ampere Computing and Nvidia.
- (past news)
ML-based Synthesis & Design Automation Systems
Formal Verification System
- Algebraic Combinational Equivalence Checking (ACEC) [Thesis Version] [New Version] [ACEC@ABC]
- Logic Decryption using Incremental SAT [Website] [Github]
- Formal Verification of GF(2^n) Arithmetic [Website] [Github]
- Nature Scientific Report
- Nature Light: Science & Applications
- ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems
- IEEE Design & Test of Computers
- IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Computers
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
- IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing
- IEEE Computer Architecture Letters
- ACM Transactions on Reconfigurable Technology and Systems