University of Utah
Cunxi is an Assistant Professor in the ECE Department and Kahlert School of Computing (Affiliated) at the University of Utah. His research interests focus on novel algorithms, systems, and hardware designs for computing and security. Before joining University of Utah, Cunxi was a PostDoc at Cornell University in 2018-2019 with Prof. Zhiru Zhang, and was a PostDoc at EPFL in 2017-2018 with Prof. Giovanni De Micheli in 2017-2018, and was a research intern at IBM T.J Watson Research Center in 2015 and 2016. He received Ph.D. degree from UMass Amherst in 2017 under Prof. Maciej Ciesielski. His work received the best paper nomination at ASP-DAC (2017), TCAD Best paper nomination (2018), 1st place at DAC Security Contest (2017), NSF CAREER award (2021), and American Physical Society DLS poster award (2022). He served as Organizing Committee in IWLS, ICCD, VLSI-SoC, ASAP, as a TPC member in ICCAD, DATE, ASP-DAC, DAC, and
panelist/reviewer for several funding agencies. Yu's group has been supported
by NSF FMiTF Award, NSF SHF Core, NSF CAREER Award, NSF SWIFT, Xilinx, Nvidia,
Ampere Computing, and DOE Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT).
I am very fortunate to work with a group of talented researchers and students!
- 02/2023 Two Tutorials and Three Papers are accepted at DAC 2023.
- 02/2023 Received donations from Ampere Computing and Nvidia.
- 01/2023 News cover of our recent collaborative work on device-to-system codesign using machine learning.
- 01/2023 Book Chapter "Machine Learning for Agile FPGA Design" published.
- 01/2023 Yingjie will join NVIDIA Research for summer internship.
- 12/2022 One paper accepted at Optics Letter.
- 12/2022 Invited talk at Synopsys Academic & Research Alliances (SARA).
- 11/2022 Invited talk at Google X.
- 10/2022 Our paper on RL-based device-to-system codesign is accepted at Laser & Photonics Reviews (IF:13.2)!
- 09/2022 Our paper "FlowTune: End-to-end Automatic Logic Optimization Exploration via Domain-specific Multi-armed Bandit" along with our open-source framework is accepted at TCAD! Congrats to Walter and Yingjie!
- 08/2022 Received collaborative NSF SWIFT award!
- 07/2022 Our poster presentation at CLEO'22 received American Physics Society - Division of Laser Science Best Poster Honorable Mention. Congrats to Ruiyang and Yingjie! (Media)
- 07/2022 Our paper on first physics-aware adversarial ML in optical ML systems is accepted in Laser & Photonics Reviews(IF:13.14). Congrats to Yingjie and Ruiyang!
- 07/2022 Will serve as General Chair at the 32nd International Workshop on Logic & Synthesis (IWLS'2023)!
- 07/2022 Received NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (NSF-REU) grants!
- 07/2022 Our paper collaborated with Prof. Weilu Gao on " Physics-aware Differentiable Discrete Codesign for Diffractive Optical Neural Networks " is accepted at ICCAD 2022 (22%)! Congrats to Yingjie and Ruiyang.
- 05/2022 Yu serves as TPC at DAC'22, ICCAD'22, MLCAD'22, DATE'23.
- (past news)