University of Utah
Cunxi is an Assistant Professor in the ECE Department at the University of Utah. His research interests focus on novel algorithms, systems, and hardware designs for computing and security. Before joining University of Utah, Cunxi was a PostDoc at Cornell University in 2018-2019 with Prof. Zhiru Zhang, and was a PostDoc at EPFL in 2017-2018 with Prof. Giovanni De Micheli in 2017-2018, and was a research intern at IBM T.J Watson Research Center in 2015 and 2016. He received Ph.D. degree from UMass Amherst in 2017 under Prof. Maciej Ciesielski. His work received the best paper nomination at ASP-DAC (2017), TCAD Best paper nomination (2018), 1st place at DAC Security Contest (2017), and NSF CAREER Award (2021). He served as
Organizing Committee in IWLS, ICCD, VLSI-SoC, ASAP, as a TPC member in ICCAD, DATE, ASP-DAC, DAC, and
panelist/reviewer for several funding agencies. Yu's group is currently supported by NSF FMiTF Award, NSF SHF Core, NSF CAREER Award, Xilinx, and DOE Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT).
- 05/2022 Yu serves as TPC at DAC'22, ICCAD'22, MLCAD'22, DATE'23.
- 04/2022 Yingjie received DAC Young Fellow (DAC'22). Congrats!
- 04/2022 Our paper on optimizing Google Edge TPUs schedules is accepted at IEEE/ACM Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC'22) at 17% acceptance rate! Congrats to Jiaqi!
- 03/2022 Jiaqi presented at TinyML 2022.
- 03/2022 IMpress is accepted at FCCM22!
- 02/2022 Welcome undergraduate researcher Daniel Robinson to the group!
- 02/2022 Our collaborative paper with Prof. Weilu Gao is accepted at Nature Computational Science Congrats to all authors!
- 02/2022 One paper is accepted at TinyML Research Symposium 2022. Congrats to Jiaqi and Yingjie!
- 12/2021 Yingjie and Walter delivered talks at DAC'21 (pic).
- 11/2021 Received NSF I-Corps grant for ongoing optical neural network research.
- 05/2021 One paper accepted in Nature Scientific Reports. Congrats to Yingjie and all co-authors! See our demo video here
- 05/2021 Congrats to Tara Zamani for winning (News) Outstanding Student Researcher Award !!
- 05/2021 Welcome Dr. Minhan Lou joining the group as PostDoc researcher (co-advised with Rodriguez, Gao)
- 03/2021 Yu will serve as Program Chair at IWLS'21 and Special Session Chair at ICCD'21.
- 02/2021 One paper accepted in Advanced Photonics Research.
- 02/2021 Two papers accepted in DAC'21.
- 02/2021 Yu received NSF CAREER Award (Project: OneSense) (News)
- (past news)