Merrill Engineering Building (MEB) 2126
University of Utah
Cunxi is a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the ECE Department at the University of Utah. Cunxi was a PostDoc Cornell University with Prof. Zhiru Zhang in 2018-2019, and was a PostDoc at Integrated Systems Laboratory (LSI) at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, with Prof. Giovanni De Micheli in 2017-2018. He received Ph.D. degree from University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass Amherst) in 2017, under the supervision of Prof. Maciej Ciesielski. His research interests focus on formal methods, electronic design automation, applied machine learning, formal verification, and hardware security. Cunxi spent 11 months as a research intern at IBM T.J Watson Research Center in 2015 and 2016. His work received the best paper nominations at ASP-DAC (2017), TCAD Best paper nomination (2018), and won the 1st place at DAC Security Contest (2017). Cunxi was nominated for ACM Outstanding Ph.D dissertation award by UMass.
- Hiring: CE Ph.D. positions avaiable in Fall 2020. Area: 1) Formal Methods 2) EDA/VLSI/Circuits
- 11/2019 PhD Students Qiwei Yuan, Yingjie Li join the group. Welcome!
- 07/2019 I will serve as Guest Editor of Journal of Signal Processing Systems (JSPS) Special Issue.
- 05/2019 I will serve as TPC member and Best Paper Award Committee of ASP-DAC'20.
- 03/2019 We are organizing The 30th IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP 2019) July 15-17, 2019, at Cornell Tech, New York City. Paper submission site is open!
Tools & Datasets
- Function Extraction for Integer Arithmetic Circuits using Computer Algebra [TCAD'16] [DAC'15] [ISVLSI'16] [Old Version] [New Version@Github]
- De-camouflaging using Incremental SAT [DATE'16] [TCAD'16] [Website]
- Parallel Analysis of Galois Field Arithmetic - Verification and Reverse Engineering [APS-DAC'17] [DATE'17][TCAD'18] [Github]
- FlowGen-CNNs [DAC'18] [Datasets & Demo @Github]
- Ph.D. Computer System Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 09. 2013 - 04. 2017
- B.S. ECE, Zhejiang University City College. 09. 2009 - 06. 2013
TPC Member: IWLS'17, IWLS'18, IWLS'19, DUHDe@DATE'19, ASP-DAC'20
Conference Reviewer: VTS'15, ICCAD'15, CHES'16, DAC'17, DAC'18, ASPDAC'19, FPGA'19
Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on VLSI, IEEE Design&Test, IEEE Transactions on CAD, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security