Merrill Engineering Building (MEB) 2126
University of Utah
Cunxi is a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the ECE Department at the University of Utah. Cunxi was a PostDoc Cornell University with Prof. Zhiru Zhang in 2018-2019, and was a PostDoc at Integrated Systems Laboratory (LSI) at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, with Prof. Giovanni De Micheli in 2017-2018. He received Ph.D. degree from University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass Amherst) in 2017, under the supervision of Prof. Maciej Ciesielski. His research interests focus on formal methods, electronic design automation, applied machine learning, formal verification, and hardware security. Cunxi spent 11 months as a research intern at IBM T.J Watson Research Center in 2015 and 2016. His work received the best paper nominations at ASP-DAC (2017), TCAD Best paper nomination (2018), and won the 1st place at DAC Security Contest (2017). Cunxi was nominated for ACM Outstanding Ph.D dissertation award by UMass. Cunxi served as Organizing Committee in IWLS, ICCD, VLSI-SoC, ASAP, as TPC member in ICCAD, DATE, ASP-DAC, and panelist/reviewer in several NSF programs.
News (Past News)
- Hiring: CE Ph.D. positions avaiable in Fall 2020. Area: 1) 3 x Formal Methods 2) 1-2 x EDA/VLSI/Circuits
- 07/2020 Two papers accepted at IWLS'20 and one paper (single author) accepted at ICCAD'20.
- 06/2020 Recieved NSF award (CCF-Core:SHF) on advancing Graph Learning and Formal Methods (Role: Sole PI).
- 06/2020 PhD students Yingjie Li and Qiwei Yuan both got accepted as DAC'20 Young Student Fellow. Congrats!
- 05/2020 I will serve as TPC of 39th International Conference On Computer Aided Design (ICCAD'2020).
- 04/2020 I will serve as PhD/Student Forum Chair of 28th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC 2020), and serve as TPC member of 26th Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference(ASP-DAC 2021)
- 02/2020 I will serve as Special Session Chair of The 38th IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD'20)
- 01/2020 I will serve as Financial Chair of 29th International Workshop on Logic & Synthesis (IWLS'20)
Tools & Datasets
- Function Extraction for Integer Arithmetic Circuits using Computer Algebra [TCAD'16] [DAC'15] [ISVLSI'16] [Thesis Version] [Newest Version@Github]
- De-camouflaging using Incremental SAT [DATE'16] [TCAD'16] [ Website]
- Parallel Analysis of Galois Field Arithmetic - Verification and Reverse Engineering [APS-DAC'17] [DATE'17][TCAD'18] [Github]
- FlowGen-CNNs [DAC'18] [Datasets & Demo @Github]
- Ph.D. Computer System Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 09. 2013 - 04. 2017
- B.S. ECE, Zhejiang University City College. 09. 2009 - 06. 2013
Organizing Committee: ASAP'19, IWLS'20, ICCD'20, VLSI-SoC'20
TPC Member: IWLS'17, IWLS'18, IWLS'19, DUHDe@DATE'19, ASP-DAC'20, ICCAD'20, ASP-DAC'21
Funding Review/Panelist: NSF-CNS'20
Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on VLSI, IEEE Design&Test, IEEE Transactions on CAD, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, IEEE Embedded System Letter
Conference Reviewer: VTS'15, ICCAD'15, CHES'16, DAC'17, DAC'18, ASPDAC'19, FPGA'19